The Youth Policy Lab advances the work of non-profits, agencies, policymakers and philanthropists by helping our partners make decisions based on best practices, applied research and real-time feedback on program impact.
We do this by conducting rigorous quantitative research to inform policy focused on youth in the areas of education, health, juvenile justice and workforce development.
We partner with others to conduct research that 1) leads to evidence-based policymaking and 2) empowers teams to grow this capacity on their own. We also identify and evaluate promising interventions and share best practices related to youth-focused policies and data-driven partnerships.
We want policies and programs serving Michigan youth to have strong, tangible outcomes that improve lives, especially for children growing up in low-income communities.
We value the following:
- High quality, rigorous analyses that are more policy-relevant than theoretically-driven
- Making our partners a priority and relying on them to steer the direction of the work
- Being responsive and quick so we are able to provide information to organizations when it is most relevant
- Ambitious projects and timelines that have the potential to influence policy or practice in a timely manner
- A flexible approach to our work that is not dictated by past experiences or existing structures