The coronavirus pandemic has changed our world seemingly overnight, and its impacts are being felt in every aspect of life as we know it. In the face of this crisis, the Youth Policy Lab remains committed to reducing disparity and achieving better outcomes for all Michiganders through rigorous research and supporting evidence-based decision-making. We believe this work is more important than ever as our government and nonprofit partners grapple with this public health crisis, and the economic and social impacts that will follow. We are here to support those in need and to deploy our expertise in service of the collective response to this disaster.
To that end, the Youth Policy Lab has co-founded the COVID-19 Consulting Corps (CCC) ⎯ in partnership with other Ford School and UM centers including CLOSUP, Poverty Solutions, P3E, and the Ginsberg Center ⎯ to deploy our collective expertise and student talent in support of local governments and nonprofits as they respond to the COVID-19 crisis. The CCC is poised to provide virtual and responsive support to our partners in the form of connecting to resources, conducting research, linking to experts, and much more.
- Detroit Food Academy- Best Practices for Grocery Delivery
- Business Reopening Best Practices for Townships
- COVID-19 and Open Meetings Act Compliance: Three Options for Townships
- Economic Development Strategy for OCED
- FEMA Nonprofit Requests for Public Assistance during COVID-19
- MTA Michigan Volunteer Firefighter Needs & COVID-19
- Safe and Efficient Election Administration During COVID-19
- Virtual Meeting Reference Guide for Townships